Repair, Maintenance, and Air Conditioner Installation Wausau
PGA Inc. is dedicated to being your complete Home Air Comfort Specialist. We provide a multitude of cooling services including air conditioner installation and air conditioner repair in Wausau WI. We also offer professional air duct cleaning, ventilation troubleshooting, and seasonal safety inspections. We can help keep you and your family in low-cost, eco-friendly comfort all year!
Common Cooling Problems
Just like any other system, cooling systems can sometimes run into difficulties. With many different moving parts to an AC system, it’s important to make sure everything is running as smoothly and efficiently as possible. With AC equipment that operates correctly and effectively, you’ll save money on your bills. Some common AC problems include:
- AC running constantly: Your unit should turn on and off periodically, so if it’s staying on constantly while on auto, it’s malfunctioning and is wasting a lot of energy, causing your bills to skyrocket.
- No power to your AC unit: Being left in the heat can be frustrating. If your unit won’t turn on at all, there is most likely something wrong with the compressor or electrical system, and an HVAC pro is needed to diagnose and repair the problem.
- No air or hot air: If your unit turns on but the air just isn’t cold, it’s most likely due to a an issue with your compressor.
- Refrigerant or water leaks: These types of leaks are typically from your condensate line, which is either plugged or due to a malfunctioning pump.
- Musty or burning odors: If something smells strange around your vents or by the AC unit, it could be a sign of wiring issues or dirty or moldy air filters.
- Strange noises: You know your AC unit best; so when you hear new or unusual sounds, it’s likely a sign that something is wrong. It’s possible that the noises signal an issue with the belt or motor, which could pose a safety hazard.
The Importance of Maintaining Your Cooling System
There are a multitude of reasons why cooling maintenance is vital… aside from your comfort in hot weather! First and foremost, it keeps your energy bills in check. If your cooling system isn’t running properly, it needs to work harder to cool your home, which translates into higher energy bills. Regular maintenance will ensure that your unit is running at peak performance.
Proper maintenance is also important for your indoor air quality to promote your health and wellness. When dust, debris, mold, or other allergens are circulating in the air, they can cause serious health issues. Having your cooling system checked and your ducts cleaned provides cleaner air and better overall health.
Additionally, maintenance is important because the better you treat your AC system, the better it will treat you. If it’s been a while since you’ve gotten it checked or cleaned, or you notice it’s not working as it should, we encourage you to schedule an inspection.
AC units should be checked at least once a year to ensure they’re working properly. If certain parts are damaged, the whole system may fail prematurely. Scheduling maintenance and following up any needed air conditioning repair services from a trusted HVAC technician is the best way to ensure your AC unit’s longevity and efficiency.
AC Replacement and Installation
While proper maintenance will increase the longevity of your current unit, sooner or later it will need to be replaced. Our certified HVAC technicians can install a new system that meets your indoor cooling needs, and our service will surely exceed your expectations.
When it comes time to replace your old unit, we highly recommend having one of our professionals evaluate your cooling needs to ensure you select the right sized system for your home or business. Choosing a unit that is too small for the job will cause undue stress on the unit and it will not last as long as it should. Conversely, a unit that is oversized will cause uneven cooling and hot spots – decreasing your overall comfort and efficiency.
For all of your cooling needs, we encourage you to reach out to us today. We understand that air conditioning or cooling emergencies don’t only happen during working hours, which is why we’re available for 24 hour emergency service every day of the week.
We have years of experience in the HVAC industry and no matter what the issue is, we are confident that we can diagnose the problem and resolve it quickly. Call us today at (715)-355-6717 for heating and air conditioning services in Marathon, Lincoln & Portage Counties. We look forward to serving you.